As of today, PlayMakers is planning to produce nine plays in its 20/21 season, beginning in Fall 2020. We are working with UNC-Chapel Hill and local and state governments to determine the best ways to safely gather again.
What shows are you producing this year?
Our current lineup includes:
Edges of Time
A Christmas Carol
As You Like It
Akeelah and the Bee
The Tempest, via PlayMakers Mobile
* Title TBD
As we receive guidance from UNC-Chapel Hill, we will be making real-time adjustments to our schedules and productions as needed. These will be communicated as soon as possible, via email, our website, and social media channels.
What does that mean?
The look and format of our season may be a little different than you (and we) are used to.
- We are looking at creative ways to capture and share performances online.
- We are looking into ways to bring our productions outside of the theatre to more audiences, through our PlayMakers Mobile program.
- We are working with the best guidance on how to ensure our spaces inside the theatre are sanitized, socially distanced, and safe for audiences and actors alike, once we are safely able to gather again.
- As we receive guidance from UNC-Chapel Hill, we will be making real-time adjustments to our schedules and productions as needed. These will be communicated as soon as possible, via email, our website, and social media channels.
What are you going to do to keep audiences safe in the theatre?
Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventative measures we can take. These include:
- Seating configurations that ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection of our two theatres and all restrooms, lobbies, and other public spaces.
- Providing hand sanitizer throughout our spaces.
- Installing plexiglass partitions at our Box Office, Concessions, and Coat Check/ALD Distribution areas.
- Managing entrance into our theatres to maximize social distancing.
Will you be streaming performances?
The magic of live theatre is its ability to bring together people from all walks of life to experience beautiful stories as a community. We are working with our artists and designers to find the best way(s) to capture the particularly electric experience of live theatre “on tape” and share it with our audiences. Stay tuned!
Does PlayMakers have any performances that we can view now, while we’re unable to attend the theatre in person?
We do! We have created PlayMakers (keeping you) Company, an online series of artist conversations, master classes, and yes, eventually, performances!
How do I exchange my tickets for another performance?
For the 20/21 season, we are waiving all ticketing fees. Please email or call our Box Office team at firstname.lastname@example.org, 919.962.7529 at least 48 hours in advance. Due to current circumstances the Box Office response times have increased significantly, and we ask for your patience as we respond to increased call and email volume.