THE 22/23 SEASON
Our 22/23 season features six productions on the Paul Green Theatre stage, which will be transformed into the heart of the Harlem Renaissance, a usurper King’s court in Denmark, a neighborhood backyard battleground, a queen’s playground in Florida, a meddlesome English matchmaker’s drawing room, and, finally, familiar ground in the South for a young man’s journey of creative self-discovery.
ARE YOU PRODUCING KENAN STAGE SHOWS IN THE 22/23 SEASON?
No. Our PRC2 series featured new works by new voices, and was designed to push the boundaries of what we believe theatre to be. PlayMakers’ commitment to new works remains core to our mission, so much so that we want to make it possible for as wide an audience as possible to experience these new works! Our @PLAY new works development program will continue to commission new works, bring them to our larger, 500-seat Paul Green Theatre, and also host work-in-development events throughout each season.
WHAT IS THE NEW PLAYMAKERS FLEXPASS?
We know life can be unpredictable, so the PlayMakers FlexPass gives you the ultimate flexibility to choose your dates and how many people you’d like to bring to each PlayMakers show, while still locking in savings and guaranteeing seats to our most popular shows!
HOW DOES PLAYMAKERS FLEXPASS WORK?
When you purchase a FlexPass bundle of six, eight, or ten, you can use your passes to customize your 22/23 season experience. Each pass is equivalent to one ticket, and you can choose which shows you want to see and who you want to see it with. For example, if you purchase the FlexPass 6, you might come solo to catch the intrigue and mystery of “Hamlet” and then spend Friendsgiving with the gang at “Emma” with your remaining 5 passes. It’s your choice!
WHEN CAN I REDEEM PLAYMAKERS FLEXPASS?
- You can start reserving your performances by going to your PlayMakers account: https://tickets.playmakersrep.org/account/upcomingevents
- You redeem passes by selecting your desired performance date, time, and number of seats.
- You can redeem your passes any time before your desired performance date. We recommend doing this 2-4 weeks in advance. For example, you can reserve 2 seats to “Native Gardens” in the fall, 4 for “Hamlet” in the winter, etc.
WILL THERE BE PRINTED PLAYBILLS?
You asked, we listened! In the 21/22 season, we went digital with our Playbills, as another part of our efforts to go a bit more green. This season, at your request, we will have some printed Playbills for patrons who need or prefer that format. Digital Playbills will still be available before every show opens.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY DIGITAL TICKETS?
PlayMakers has transitioned to all-digital tickets, for safety reasons and to help us go a little more green. This means your phone is your ticket! Accessing your digital tickets is easy:
- Click MY TICKETS at the top of our website.
- Log in with the email address you created when buying your tickets. If you purchased your tickets by phone or at our Box Office, create an account using the same email address where you received your order confirmation.
- Click on the show you’re about to see.
- Show the QR code on your phone to the usher. That’s it!
- Watch this short how-to video
WHAT IF I WANT TO PRINT OUT MY TICKETS?
All patrons will be sent an email with a printable ticket. Print out that email and bring it in. If you cannot locate the email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.962.7529.
QR code won’t print – Be sure Print Background Images is enabled in your printer settings!
22/23 HEALTH & SAFETY
- In accordance with recent changes to state and University safety guidelines, PlayMakers will no longer require proof of COVID vaccination or negative PCR test for our productions.
- Additionally, mask-wearing is strongly encouraged but not required.
WILL AUDIENCES BE REQUIRED TO SHOW PROOF OF VACCINATION?
MARCH 2022 UPDATE: In accordance with recent changes to state and University safety guidelines, PlayMakers will no longer require proof of COVID vaccination or negative PCR test for our productions.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I’M NOT FEELING WELL?
For the safety of all our artists, patrons, and staff, if you feel unwell, please stay home. You may call our Box Office and ask to be reseated for another performance, or request a refund up to 48 hours before your ticketed performance.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL PERFORMANCES DUE TO COVID-19 CIRCUMSTANCES?
- We learned some important lessons last season, and if we can capture high-quality recordings we will do so. If we are unable to capture performances, you would have the same options as last season:
- You can donate the value of your tickets back to PlayMakers (we are so grateful many of you did last year as that enabled us to continue paying staff and doing some great virtual work)
- You can put the value of your tickets on a gift certificate for future use, or
- You can receive a refund.
We will notify all patrons of any cancellations as soon as they are announced, so please make sure we have a correct email address for you. We will also post updates on Facebook and Twitter.
HOW CAN I BECOME A NEW SUBSCRIBER THIS SEASON?
You can purchase a new subscription here.
I STILL HAVE A GIFT CERTIFICATE BALANCE. CAN I USE IT ON TICKETS THIS SEASON?
Yes, gift certificate balances due to COVID-19 cancellations will be accepted this season. You may redeem your gift certificate when making your purchase online (your gift certificate number was emailed to you at the time of cancellation). If you don’t have that information, please call our Box Office at 919.962.7529.
WILL CONCESSIONS BE SOLD IN THE 22/23 SEASON?
Yes, we are happy to announce the return of concessions for the 22/23 season.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS MY PERFORMANCE DATE?
If you know you will miss a performance date, we can exchange your ticket for you, based on availability. Please call our Box Office at least 48 hours before your scheduled performance, and please be aware that all exchanges are based on availability and a fee or additional cost may apply. Subscribers may exchange their tickets with no additional fee, but additional cost may apply with a change in performance or section.
IS THERE STILL AN OPTION TO WATCH PERFORMANCES ONLINE?
- We will be streaming “Native Gardens,” “Emma,” “Hamlet,” “They Do Not Know Harlem,” and “The Legend of Georgia McBride” this season. Check the show pages for streaming access dates when they are available.
- Streaming access is included in the purchase of your ticket or you may purchase a streaming-only ticket.
- No. Based on patron feedback, we have changed our seating map to increase the availability of our most affordable tickets for every performance, so that patrons can have as much flexibility as possible in selecting their performances. As we take audience safety very seriously, we will not have General Admission performances this season.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE UPDATES ON MY PERFORMANCES AND PLAYMAKERS’ NEW COVID GUIDELINES?
As always, we strive to provide any updates and information that we have to you as quickly as possible. We will email all ticketed patrons about changes to their performance(s). Please make sure we have an updated email address and phone number. To avoid emails from falling into a spam folder, please mark PlayMakers Repertory Company as a “safe sender”. We will also post updates on social media, so we encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, @playmakersrep
HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH PLAYMAKERS IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
For quickest response, please email, email@example.com or call 919.962.7529 Tuesday-Friday between 12-5 p.m.
WILL THE BOX OFFICE BE OPEN?
The Box Office is planned to be open Tuesday-Friday, from 12-5 p.m.