So that we may provide the best experience possible, registration will close 24 hours prior to the performance. When you arrive, we’ll have a check-in for each parent and child. Each child will receive a numbered lanyard with a name tag that includes their parents’ cell phone number. Parents will receive a corresponding tag to present at check out. We will remind all parents to set their phones to vibrate should we need to text for an emergency during the show.
- One adult Teaching Artist and one student TA
- Theatre games and activities that reinforce the themes, period, musical styles, of the show
- Ragtime activities include: movement activities to Scott Joplin music, team building activities tied to immigration, coloring pages of characters such as Houdini, Evelyn Nesbit, Booker T. Washington, Henry Ford etc.
- Show-themed Craft
- Ragtime kids will write and draw things about themselves on strips of paper. They will then exchange them with other kids and weave together a paper placemat made up of all the student work symbolizing all of their differences coming together to create something beautiful
- A nut-free snack for all registered children
- All art and class materials, music, costume pieces, snacks, etc
- A secure check-in and out procedure
- A slip for parents at the end with some of the vocabulary and themes we discussed