At PlayMakers, our subscribers get the BEST seats at the BEST prices for a season full of storytelling at its finest. With packages starting as low as $120, there’s plenty of ways to decide which subscription is right for you. We’re saving a seat for you!
PlayMakers Mainstage Subscription
Choose your favorite seats on your favorite day of the week, and experience every mainstage show at PlayMakers with real savings. It’s like getting one show FREE.
Our subscribers also enjoy:
- No exchange or facilities fees
- Reserved seats at every performance
- 15% off additional show tickets
- Discounts at local restaurants
- Free food, t-shirts, and other swag at our annual Open House
NEW: Become a PlayMakers Insider
If you just can’t get enough theatre in your life, nothing will get you closer than being a PlayMakers Insider. You get all of the savings and benefits of a mainstage subscriber PLUS:
- Exclusive invitations to our signature @PLAY series of workshop performances. Share in the development of new works with the playwrights and artists themselves.
- Exclusive access to select rehearsals all season long, where you’ll meet the director, creative teams, and actors as they work on the shows you’ll be seeing on our stage.
- FREE coffee during all of our PlayMakers mainstage performances.
- Reserved VIP backstage tours at our annual Open House.
- One FREE ticket per package for a special presentation by Ray Dooley of A Christmas Carol.
- Four FREE tickets to our Summer Youth Conservatory production of The Drowsy Chaperone. Featuring the region’s most talented high school theatre artists, you’ll enjoy a truly remarkable, entertaining performance and be a part of an unforgettable experience for these future theatre makers.
- One FREE ticket per package to all four Kenan Theatre Company productions for the season. Take advantage of extraordinary work by UNC’s Department of Dramatic Art happening right here in our building.
- Invitations to PlayMakers’ Ground Floor studio performances by our company members in the Professional Actor Training Program you’ll recognize from our mainstage productions.
Lock in your savings now, and decide later! Discover an affordable way to get tickets to every show on your must-see list. Secure your Flex Pass today and enjoy the flexibility to select who you want to go with, where to sit, and when to attend. Fully customize your experience with 6, 8, or 10 Passes — mix and match to design the ideal season for you!
Once you are ready to schedule your performance, you can call our Box Office at 919.962.7529 or redeem your passes on our online Exchange Portal:
- Select the passes you wish to redeem.
- Select your performance date.
- Select the same number of seats as passes that you are redeeming.
That’s it! Once you confirm your transaction, your tickets will be emailed to you and available in your online account.
Select your subscription date based on special programming preferences, and enjoy every show with your preferred seats.
ASL Interpretation: 3rd Tuesday Subscription
Open Captions: 2nd Sunday Subscription
Audio Description: 3rd Tuesday Subscription
Post-Show Discussions: 2nd Sunday Subscription
Share the Show Childcare: 1st Sunday Subscription
Opening Night Subscriptions
Keep the magic of the show going after the bows as you enjoy free drinks and hors d’oeuvres, mingling with the director, actors, creative team, crew, members of the press, and fellow patrons alike. Join the joy and celebration of the opening of a new production.
Preview subscriptions not only cost less, but they allow you to be among the first audience members to experience our productions. Previews are the final step in the playmaking process as the directors, designers, cast and crew put the finishing touches on the show as they experience it with an audience for the first time—that’s you! Be an early adopter and earn bragging rights that you saw it first.
More Subscription FAQs
How do I select my seats?
When you buy a Mainstage or Insider subscription, you select your desired seating zone. If you have specific seating preferences, you can speak with one of our Box Office representatives at 919.962.7529. If you are subscribing online, you can add your preference such as “one of the first few rows,” “on an aisle,” or “as close to the center as possible,” etc., in our Order Notes section at the bottom when you are checking out, and we will do our best to accommodate your request based on availability.
When buying a Flex Pass, you select your seats for each individual performance at the time you redeem them using our exchange portal.
When do I get my tickets?
You will receive your digital tickets via email. You can also find them at any time in your online account. If you would prefer printed tickets, please let us know over the phone or by responding to your confirmation email.
What if I have to miss my scheduled performance date?
This is one of the most common ways we help our subscribers, because we understand life happens! If you know you will miss a performance date, we can exchange your ticket for you with no fees or penalties. Please call our Box Office at least 48 hours before your scheduled performance at 919.962.7529 or go online to our exchange portal. Be aware that all exchanges are based on availability, and an additional cost may apply for a more expensive seat or performance.