PlayMakers Repertory Company (LORT-D), Chapel Hill, North Carolina, seeks a highly motivated Master Electrician for the 2019-2020 season. We produce a 7-show main stage season in the Paul Green Theatre, thrust stage, and a 3-show Second Stage series in the Kenan Theater, a flexible space, on the campus of the University of North Carolina.
Position Description, Essential Skills & Preferred Qualifications
Applicants should possess a BA/BFA in Theatre, MFA preferred and three or more years of professional theatre experience. Successful candidate must have:
- Good organizational/communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of lighting, electrics, DMX and current technologies, AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks experience, Lightwright, equipment maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to programing all types of ETC boards including GIO and ION.
- Ability to work with and train multi-skill level crews including professionals, graduate students and undergraduate students.
- Load in and strike
- Hang and focus of all PRC shows
- Supervision of lighting budget
- Lighting system maintenance.
Contract dates: 09/02/19–05/10/20; start date negotiable and contract is renewable.
Apply on line at: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/164612.
Questions? Contact: Michael Rolleri, Production Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 9/1/19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.