When you make a tax-deductible gift to PlayMakers, you join a community of supporters who value the transformational power of live theatre and who believe in making the arts more accessible.
Ticket sales typically cover about 60% of the cost to produce world-class live theatre for North Carolina audiences. Since 2020, we have relied even more on the generous support of our community to keep our artists, artisans, and staff working.
A gift to our Annual Fund will have a direct impact on each and every artist, student, and member of our staff and allows us to keep creating and innovating with flexibility and confidence.
What your gift enables:
- Each season, PlayMakers hires designers, actors, directors, and other artists from all over the country to come to Chapel Hill to create one-of-a-kind theatrical experiences.
- When you come to PlayMakers, everything you see on stage is designed, built, sewn, painted, and handcrafted right here in Chapel Hill. For a “period” production, like “My Fair Lady” (2016), our costume shop can spend hundreds of hours cutting, draping, fitting, and sewing the beautiful costumes you see on stage (costume design by Andrea Hood).
- Each year, PlayMakers premieres at least one new play. Investing in diverse new voices and perspectives is central to our mission, and to making everyone feel welcome and represented in our spaces.
- We offer Student Matinees for several productions each season along with reduced student ticket prices for every performance. We have also expanded the number of our most affordable seats for every performance, in order to make live theatre more accessible for more of our community.
In appreciation of your support, you will receive invitations to unique behind-the-scenes events, opportunities to get to know our artists personally, special surprises throughout the season, and more! But, perhaps most important of all, you can watch a play knowing that you helped make it happen.
WAYS TO GIVE:
- Become a sustainer, PlayMakers Sustainers are a group of donors committed to advancing our mission through ongoing monthly donations that provide a reliable source of support all year long.
How does it work?
Commit to an automatic credit card donation paid in monthly installments in any amount you choose. Your first installment will be charged upon receipt.
After your initial payment, your credit card will be charged automatically each month. You’ll receive an acknowledgment after your first payment, and we’ll send you a tax statement each year.
- Mail a check payable to PlayMakers Repertory Company to our offices:
PlayMakers Repertory Company
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
- Planned Giving
Help sustain PlayMakers into the future. Making a gift through your financial or estate plans help to secure the future of PlayMakers and ensure that we will be at the forefront of American theatre—attracting leading artists, showcasing diverse viewpoints, and telling transformational stories—for generations to come.
Making a planned gift can cost little or nothing now and may provide tax benefits to you or your loved ones. To learn more about how to make great theatre a part of your legacy, contact Kymberly Burkhead-Dalton, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 919.962.4846