December 3, 2022. Noon – 7:30 p.m.
Join us at the Joan H. Gillings Center for Dramatic Art for a day of presentations, Q&A, holiday shopping, crafts and refreshments before a live performance of Kate Hamill’s “Emma” in collaboration with the Jane Austen Summer Program.
Participants can choose from the following options:
Box Hill ($150): “At Christmas, everybody invites their friends and thinks little of even the worst weather.” Celebrate the holidays in style with our Box Hill package, featuring admission to all pre-show talks and activities, plus reserved group seating for the play. LIMITED QUANTITY; RESERVE BY NOV. 18.
Highbury ($125): “You must be the best judge of your own happiness.” Our Highbury package offers admission to all pre-show talks and activities. Does not include the stage performance.
Hartfield ($25): “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.” Can’t join us in person? Enjoy limited-time access to videos of some of the talks after the event. (The stage performance will not be live-streamed or recorded.)
Schedule (subject to change):
- Noon: Highbury holiday shopping market opens (featuring JASP and Austen-centric gifts). Event check-in begins.
- 1 p.m.: Presentation: Peter Graham, “Finding Mr. Right in Emma (and in Life)”
- 2 p.m.: Tea break with scones and other goodies.
2:45 p.m.: Conversation with members of “Emma” cast or crew.
- 3:30 p.m.: Crafts: Create your own fascinators.
- 5 p.m.: Wine and refreshments.
- 6 p.m.: Presentation: Virginia Claire Tharrington on Emma adaptations.
- 7:30 p.m.: “Emma” by Kate Hamill, with reserved group seating. Tickets are limited. Snag your seat today!