THE 23/24 SEASON
Our 23/24 season features six mainstage productions on the Paul Green Theatre stage. From timeless classics to world premieres, from laugh-out-loud comedies to hair-raising thrillers, we are your home for the best American theatre has to offer.
SEP 6–24, 2023: Clyde’s by Lynn Nottage, directed by Melissa Maxwell
OCT 11–31, 2023: Stephen King’s Misery adapted William Goldman, directed by Jeffrey Meanza
NOV 15–DEC 3, 2023: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare, directed by Lavina Jadhwani
JAN 31–FEB 18, 2024: Fat Ham by James Ijames, directed by Jade King Carroll
MAR 6–24, 2024: Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express adapted by Ken Ludwig, directed by Tracy Bersley
APR 10–28, 2024: The Game by Bekah Brunstetter, directed by Vivienne Benesch
We also have two special events this season:
DEC 16–17, 2023: Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol adapted by William Leachman, directed by Michael Perlman (More info soon)
JAN 11–16, 2024: Every Brilliant Thing by Duncan Macmillan with Jonny Donahoe, directed by Tom Quaintence (More info soon)
WHAT IS THE NEW PLAYMAKERS FLEXPASS?
We know life can be unpredictable, so the PlayMakers FlexPass gives you the ultimate flexibility to choose your dates and how many people you’d like to bring to each PlayMakers show, while still locking in savings and guaranteeing seats to our most popular shows!
HOW DOES PLAYMAKERS FLEXPASS WORK?
When you purchase a FlexPass bundle of six, eight, or ten, you can use your passes to customize your 23/24 season experience. Each pass is equivalent to one ticket, and you can choose which shows you want to see and who you want to see it with. For example, if you purchase the FlexPass 6, you might come solo to catch the thrills and chills of Misery and then spend Friendsgiving with the gang at Much Ado About Nothing with your remaining 5 passes. It’s your choice!
WHEN CAN I REDEEM PLAYMAKERS FLEXPASS?
- After purchasing your FlexPass, you can start reserving your performances by going to your PlayMakers account: https://tickets.playmakersrep.org/account/upcomingevents
- You redeem passes by selecting your desired performance date, time, and number of seats.
- You can redeem your passes any time before your desired performance date. We recommend doing this 2-4 weeks in advance. For example, you can reserve 2 seats to Clyde’s in the fall, 4 for Murder on the Orient Express in the spring, etc.
WILL THERE BE PRINTED PLAYBILLS?
You asked, we listened! In the 21/22 season, we went digital with our Playbills, as another part of our efforts to go a bit more green. This season, at your request, we will have some printed Playbills for patrons who need or prefer that format. Digital Playbills will still be available before every show opens.
ARE YOU PRODUCING KENAN STAGE SHOWS IN THE 23/24 SEASON?
No. Our PRC2 series featured new works by new voices, and was designed to push the boundaries of what we believe theatre to be. PlayMakers’ commitment to new works remains core to our mission, so much so that we want to make it possible for as wide an audience as possible to experience these new works! Our @PLAY new works development program will continue to commission new works, bring them to our larger, 500-seat Paul Green Theatre, and also host work-in-development events throughout each season.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY DIGITAL TICKETS?
PlayMakers has transitioned to all-digital tickets, for safety reasons and to help us go a little more green. This means your phone is your ticket! Accessing your digital tickets is easy:
- Click MY TICKETS at the top of our website.
- Log in with the email address you created when buying your tickets. If you purchased your tickets by phone or at our Box Office, create an account using the same email address where you received your order confirmation.
- Click on the show you’re about to see.
- Show the QR code on your phone to the usher. That’s it!
- Watch this short how-to video
WHAT IF I WANT TO PRINT OUT MY TICKETS?
All patrons will be sent an email with a printable ticket. Print out that email and bring it in. If you cannot locate the email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.962.7529.
QR code won’t print – Be sure Print Background Images is enabled in your printer settings!
23/24 HEALTH & SAFETY
- In accordance with recent changes to state and University safety guidelines, PlayMakers will no longer require proof of COVID vaccination or negative PCR test for our productions.
- Additionally, mask-wearing is strongly encouraged but not required.
WILL AUDIENCES BE REQUIRED TO SHOW PROOF OF VACCINATION?
MARCH 2022 UPDATE: In accordance with recent changes to state and University safety guidelines, PlayMakers will no longer require proof of COVID vaccination or negative PCR test for our productions.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I’M NOT FEELING WELL?
For the safety of all our artists, patrons, and staff, if you feel unwell, please stay home. You may call our Box Office and ask to be reseated for another performance. You may also exchange your ticket for another performance for the same production online if your performance date has not passed.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL PERFORMANCES DUE TO COVID-19 CIRCUMSTANCES?
We make every effort to move all of our patrons in a cancelled performance to a new date. If we are unable to find a new performance date for you, or you are unable to make your rescheduled date, you would have the same options as last season:
- You can donate the value of your tickets back to PlayMakers (we are so grateful many of you have) or
- You can receive a refund.
We will notify all patrons of any cancellations as soon as they are announced, so please make sure we have a correct email address for you. We will also post updates on Facebook and Twitter.
HOW CAN I BECOME A NEW SUBSCRIBER THIS SEASON?
Whether you want a full subscription or want to choose what you want to see, it’s not too late to subscribe to PlayMakers and save! Become an Insider for the most access to the most theatre. Get the new FlexPass for the ultimate flexibility to choose your dates and how many people you’d like to bring to each PlayMakers show, while still locking in savings. Learn more here.
DO YOU HAVE GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE?
Yes, you can purchase a gift certificate online or call our Box Office at 919.962.7529.
WILL CONCESSIONS BE SOLD IN THE 23/24 SEASON?
Yes, we are happy to offer a wide selection of snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in our concessions stand.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS MY PERFORMANCE DATE?
If you know you will miss a performance date, we can exchange your ticket for you, based on availability. Please exchange your tickets online or call our Box Office at least 48 hours before your scheduled performance, and please be aware that all exchanges are based on availability and a fee or additional cost may apply. Subscribers may exchange their tickets with no additional fee, but additional cost may apply with a change in performance or section.
IS THERE STILL AN OPTION TO WATCH PERFORMANCES ONLINE?
- We will be streaming our productions of Much Ado About Nothing and The Game. We stream every production we are able to stream in accordance with each show’s licensing agreements. Check the show pages for streaming access dates when they are available.
- Streaming access is included in the purchase of your ticket or you may purchase a streaming-only ticket.
- No. Based on patron feedback, we have changed our seating map to increase the availability of our most affordable tickets for every performance, so that patrons can have as much flexibility as possible in selecting their performances. As we take audience safety very seriously, we will not have General Admission performances this season.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE UPDATES ON MY PERFORMANCES AND PLAYMAKERS’ NEW COVID GUIDELINES?
As always, we strive to provide any updates and information that we have to you as quickly as possible. We will email all ticketed patrons about changes to their performance(s). Please make sure we have an updated email address and phone number. To avoid emails from falling into a spam folder, please mark PlayMakers Repertory Company as a “safe sender”. We will also post updates on social media, so we encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, @playmakersrep
HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH PLAYMAKERS IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
For quickest response, please email, email@example.com or call 919.962.7529 Tuesday-Friday between 12-5 p.m.
WILL THE BOX OFFICE BE OPEN?
The Box Office is planned to be open Tuesday-Friday, from 12-5 p.m.
WHAT RESTAURANT DISCOUNTS DO I RECEIVE AS A SUBSCRIBER?
Our 23/24 Restaurant Partners will love to see you before the show! Enjoy exclusive savings as a Mainstage or Insider Subscriber to make the most out of your experience.
411 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill
▶ Free Dessert with two entrees
203 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill
▶ 10% Off Your Order
1201 Fordham Blvd, Chapel Hill
▶ Free Dessert with two entrees
456 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill
▶ Free Turkish Coffee with entree